Thursday, September 17, 2009

Got noticed, Edison picked up the Data Recorder, Frankfurt......

Yesterday, while out for dinner, we were noticed due to the KNOW GAS license plate. It's amazing that still hardly anyone notices the MINI E and that it's 100% Electric. I hear the decals for the side of the car, the plug and the word "MINI" will be arriving soon. Will be interesting to see if this increases awareness.

This past Tuesday, Edison was by to pick up the Data Recorder they installed a month ago to track our draw, charge times, etc. They'll be providing me with a graph charting everything in the next few weeks. While I've been keeping track of miles driven and kwhs used every day, it'll be interesting to see the other info.

Currently at 6200 miles and now that the early kinks have been worked out, this should climb pretty steadily. I charge every day at work via the 110 cable for approx 6 to 8 hours depending on the day. This has cut my overnight home kwh usage to an average of 23 from 28 to 29 when I wasn't charging at work.

It's exciting to see the numerous EV announcements this week at the Frankfurt auto show. I'm thrilled to be part of this shift towards EVs and look forward to what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment